I’m completing the cheatsheets for the Energy Reboot starting on Monday, including my list of delicious and simple low-sugar treats. Well, truth be told…I’ve been drooling the whole time! This Coconut Yogurt Bark was a last minute addition after experimenting with a dairy-free version of one I saw on Pinterest.
This recipe was another no-brainer to add to the program:
- It takes 3 minutes to prep (maybe even less) + freezer time
- It has 3 ingredients (or more if you choose to get crazy)
- It was a hit, for me and my little ones
Here they are sampling (and loving) the frozen treat last night.
I was going to keep it a secret and only share this Coconut Yogurt Bark with the tired moms who took joined the 20-day program, but my excitement got the best of me. So here I am spilling the beans.
A few pointers first:
- You may want to take it out of the freezer a few minutes before eating, just keep in mind that this stuff melts quickly (so keep a napkin handy).
- You’re also welcome to use dairy-based yogurt which will turn out just fine. But for those who prefer dairy-free this is the brand I use.
If you have a sweet tooth this is a great lower-sugar snack (4 grams for one piece). Ultimately though, wouldn’t we all love to have more control over our cravings or none at all? Um yes please!
There’s a reason why we gravitate to certain foods – be it chocolate or chips. And I’ll be showing parents how to tame those cravings in the Energy Reboot (in addition to providing simple 5-minute strategies on boosting energy, health, sleep, and reducing stress).
If you’re in need of an energy boost or quick & healthy recipe inspiration, take a look.
But for now, try these! (Tip: Add nuts or seeds to further stabilize your blood sugar)
Coconut Yogurt Bark (dairy-free)
A dairy-free and healthy treat for your family.
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (I like the Yoso brand) or other yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey use less or more according to your preference (taste before you freeze)
- 1/2 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
- nuts or seeds
- nut butter drizzle on top
- other fruit (bananas, mango, etc)
Mix yogurt and honey/maple syrup
Spread yogurt on baking sheet about 1/2 inch thick (covered with was or parchment paper)
Evenly distribute berries (and other toppings)
Freeze for 1-2 hours