HelloFresh Meal Delivery Review
My foray into HelloFresh meals came at the perfect time. It was a jam packed week with work events and the launch of my picky eater programs with a few Toronto daycares. Needless to say, grocery shopping and planning was not top of mind. If anything it was a source of stress…UNTIL my order of HelloFresh landed on my doorstep.
My husband (whom I love for many other reasons!) isn’t much of a cook. BUT with HelloFresh and the step-by-step meals, I see us turning a new leaf. I finally had some help in the kitchen, and some tasty meals on the table! #finally!
Hello Fresh is best for people who:
- Enjoy cooking but want simple recipes laid out step-by-step (I love their recipe cards!).
- Tend to buy more groceries than you use and throw food out. HelloFresh will help you cut down on food waste by giving you exactly what you need ingredient-wise.
- Want meals they can prep and cook in 30 minutes or less.
- Want flexibility to cook some of your own meals, eat out, etc vs. only doing meal delivery all week (HelloFresh delivers 3 meals a week max for the Family Plan)
- Enjoy eating a variety of foods. HelloFresh offers the flexibility of choosing from different meals as well as the option to omit any ingredients that don’t adhere to your dietary requirements (i.e. replace the yogurt dressing with a dairy-free one, or avoid the bun for the burger).
What we ate:
Pork Schnitzel with Apple, Dill, and Parmesan Salad
Portuguese-Style Chicken with Potato Wedges and Pickled Red Onion Kale Salad
Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Ginger Infused Salmon (see it on Instagram)
Our favourite meals from HelloFresh:
Each HelloFresh meal had something we loved, but if I had to pick one whole meal, this would be it…
- Pork Schnitzel – crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside. I’ve never made schnitzel so it was refreshing to try something new, and that got a thumbs up all around. It was paired with a spring mix salad which I loved but wasn’t super kid-friendly (still working on the leafy greens over here!). So I just roasted some broccoli on the side for an extra veg option. Taste aside, loved that the portions were large enough to actually feed my hungry family and then have a bit leftover the next day.
Why HelloFresh is perfect for families:
Planning & grocery shopping has been done for you. That’s about two hours I can spend doing other things every week! Need I say more?
They have a Family plan with kid-friendly and crowd pleasing recipes.
- There seems to be a pasta dish almost weekly so your kids will be set (unless you have a non-pasta lover).
You get a dose of their culinary expertise with different meals and yummy recipes.
- Large enough portions (particularly with the meats) to stretch some into your kid’s lunch box.
- They provide quality proteins – all meat is raised without antibiotics or hormones and the fish is from my favourite trusted fishery – Hooked!
How much does HelloFresh cost?
- Price per meal: ~$43
- Price per serving: ~$11
- Family Plan (3 meals, 4 people): $130
Want to try HelloFresh?
Here’s your exclusive discount:
Head over here and use promo code HELLODANIELLE on your first order for 3 free plates!
Have you ever tried Hello Fresh? What did you think? Tell me below!