Farm to Table Meal Delivery Service
This company may save you on those nights when you don’t feel like slaving over the stove. It felt like Christmas having fully prepared meals dropped off at my door for the week. My family was well fed with virtually no work on my part. Can we do this again please?!
Here’s my family’s review of Farm to Table meal delivery service.
Farm to Table Meals is best for people who:
- Are looking for affordable and healthier alternative to take out and processed foods when you’re too busy or tired to cook. All Farm to Table meals are cooked and just need to be reheated. Woot!
- Don’t want to make a lot of mess in the kitchen. Most meals can be cooked in one pot (ingredients are combined).
- Have kids who aren’t picky about mixed foods/textures. While you can deconstruct some dishes (i.e. stews) they are mostly all combined. But that goes for many of the prepared meal services.
- Loooove comfort foods and home cooked meals like stews, soups, casseroles, mac and cheese, etc. Farm to Table meal delivery service will definitely keep you cozy in our Canadian climate!
- Loooove starchy veg. Generally, most of the meal delivery services are heavy on the starches (potatoes, carrots, rice, etc) which are yummy but we love our other veggies too! So I often found myself making a side of broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or just adding chopped fresh vegetables to balance out the meal.
What did we eat?
Asian Coconut Ginger Chicken (see it on Instagram)
Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa and Kale
Tunisian Fish and Vegetable Stew (see it on Instagram)
French Country Chicken Stew
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Braised Beef Burrito Bowl
What were my family’s fave meals?
The girls surprised me and seemed to eat (and enjoy) virtually every Farm to Table meal, despite not being a family who eats a lot of stews, casseroles, etc. It was refreshing to see them try new meals that were out of their comfort zone. Might I add, with no battles at the table!
- Braised Beef Burrito Bowl – My brother was lucky enough to eat with us that day, and he agreed that this was so yum. The kids didn’t get a chance to try it, so no feedback here. While warming, I just added some spinach for a nutrient punch.
- Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa and Kale – So tasty and handy for a grab and go snack! This was a winner for ME. I thought the kids would be fighting over the meatballs but they didn’t eat them. They aren’t lovers of quinoa so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
- Asian Coconut Ginger Chicken – This was our first dish and it set the bar high – that flavour still has me salivating! Anything with coconut milk gets a thumbs up, but it’s a bonus when the kids eat it all!
Why are Farm to Table Meals great for families?
- No cooking required! Meals only need to be reheated and dinner is served.
- Farm to Table uses wide variety of herbs, spices and ingredients but prepare them in a way that is enjoyed by young children.
- They have kid-size meals that are perfect for lunch boxes and meals on the go.
- They prepare meals with hormone and antibiotic-free Ontario meats and local produce as much as they can.
- They offer gluten-free meal packages (many other companies have a few gluten-free dish but not always enough options).
- Our meals contained mostly kid-friendly veggies – carrots, potatoes, green beans, green peas. I’m a veggie snob and would have liked to see less starchy veg and a tad more variety, but for pickier kids it’s a good selection.
How much is Farm to Table Meals?
- ~$85 for 5 days (serves 2 adults and 2 children)
- Price per family meal: ~$17
- Price per serving: $4 to $6
Want to try Farm to Table Meals?
Here’s your exclusive discount:
- Use promo code: FRIEND2015 to receive 10% off of first order.
Have you tried Farm to Table Meals? Let me know what you thought below!