Thank you for your interest in joining the Danielle Binns Nutrition Team!
We are hiring a Marketing Assistant (1 position):
*** PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BELOW ***
Position: Marketing Assistant (Independent Contractor)
Location: Remote with preference in the Eastern Standard Time Zone
Hours per week: 5 – 15 hours a week
Fees: $25.00/hour CDN paid monthly
About Danielle Binns Nutrition:
Danielle Binns Nutrition is a respected resource for families who want to transform their mealtimes, and for companies who want to arm employees with research-backed wellness strategies. The company was founded by Certified Nutritionist and mother of three, Danielle Binns, who gets the struggle raising a picky eater, working full time, and trying to achieve personal wellness. Danielle is on a mission to help people thrive, so we can make the planet a healthier place for ours and future generations.
Our Company Values:
- COMMUNITY – WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER.
- HEALTH – WE HELP TEAMS THRIVE (FAMILIES AND WORK TEAMS).
- TRUST – WE LEAD WITH INTEGRITY.
- RESULTS-ORIENTED – WE GET S%$! DONE AND DO IT WELL.
- IMPACT – OUR WORK AND VOICE CREATES POSITIVE CHANGE IN THE WORLD.
BECAUSE WHEN PEOPLE THRIVE WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Danielle is looking for a Product Marketing & Social Media Marketing Assistant to join her growing team and to help her continue to build a following of parents and professionals who know, like and trust her. Over the past 7 years, Danielle has created a community of over 15,000 followers and 50,000 subscribers who follow her for support, inspiration, and a refreshingly fun approach to mealtimes.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working with Danielle to fulfil launch plan for the Curious Cookie Placemat and other products in the Curious Collection Collection.
- Assisting with Canadian retail launch plan and execution of the the Curious Cookie Placemat.
- Jointly developing a post-launch strategy to maintain excitement and continue to promote sales.
- Engaging and motivating existing customers to share their wins on social media.
- Collecting feedback and summarizing key takeaways for future product innovations.
- Capturing testimonials for use on the website and social media.
- Facilitating a contest to promote awareness and interest in the placemat.
- Identifying potential partners (including influencers and affiliates) to help broaden the reach of the Curious Cookie Placemat.
- Working with fulfilment company to ensure products are shipped and address customers inquiries.
- Work with Danielle to identify a non-profit platform, charity, to support.
Social Media Marketing
- Pinterest – repurposing blog posts, and other social content to create Pinterest posts that drive traffic.
- Instagram – working with Danielle to create, plan, and schedule content for both @daniellebinnsnutrition and @curiouscookiekids account to drive engagement and build trust with followers.
- Facebook (free group) – create, plan, and schedule content for the Family Nutrition Forum Facebook Group, to create a supportive, interactive community for parents.
- Facebook (paid groups) – accepting and removing members based on the account status for the Picky Eater Protocol and Raising Adventurous Eaters CLUB.
- WordPress – using existing content in emails, social posts, etc to create weekly blog posts. Potentially writing / sharing / collecting recipes for blog posts.
- Using Canva to design social posts while leveraging Danielle’s guidelines for cohesive branding.
- Identifying and announcing partners for prizing as part of the “Moving Forward” award in the Raising Adventurous Eaters CLUB.
- Scheduling posts for Winning Wednesdays, Group Coaching reminders, and other engagement posts during launches.
- Sourcing / saving client posts and requesting client approval for sharing via website and social platforms.
- Creative skills and “an eye” for developing clear but compelling marketing assets and messaging.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with incredible attention to detail (no grammatical errors).
- Strong project management and organization skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Research-driven and willing to source up-to-date nutrition-based studies to help inform messaging and social media content.
- Tech savvy and open to using new tools and software.
- Positive attitude and professionalism when representing Danielle Binns Nutrition online and in the virtual space.
- Must be flexible and ready to have fun while you work!
Tools required for the position:
- Successful candidate will need their own computer and will work from home
- Position requires the use of WordPress, Facebook Groups, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Pinterest, Canva, Survey Monkey, Google Drive, Kartra (possibly Twitter and Zoom) – training will be provided where required.
- Previous experience or education in marketing.
- Experience working or interacting with children and families.
- Knowledge of nutrition, wellness trends, and mealtime strategies
- Existing relationships with retail or potential influencers / partners (in the parent space)
- Clear understanding of why diversity, inclusion and equity are important
- Experience with Canva + all social media platforms